Irvine Premises Liability Lawyer Skillfully Representing Injured Clients
California property owners have a legal duty to keep their premises as safe as possible for visitors and guests. Sadly, sometimes they do not maintain their buildings and lands to a high enough standard or fail to fix dangerous conditions, and harmful accidents result. A premises liability accident in Irvine, CA can happen in the blink of an eye, but a victim may feel the consequences for a lifetime. Insurance companies may push you to settle quickly, but their settlement offers frequently don’t fully cover all the losses you’ve suffered. If you or someone you love has been injured in an accident on someone else’s property, an Irvine premises liability lawyer can help you recover full and fair compensation. Call Hejazi Law Group today for a free consultation on your premises liability case: (949) 749-7402.
What Is a Premises Liability Accident?
If a property owner knew, or should have known, about a hazardous situation on the property and failed to fix it or warn visitors about it in a timely manner, then they can be considered negligent and found liable for any injuries caused by the hazard. Premises liability can cover a wide range of harmful incidents. Types of premises liability accidents include:
- Slip-and-fall injuries
- Amusement park accidents
- Swimming pool accidents
- Elevator or escalator accidents
- Dog bites or animal attacks
- Hotel and resort accidents
- Assaults, muggings, or rapes caused by negligent security
- Exposure to toxic materials
- Airbnb, Vrbo, or other vacation rental accidents
- Injuries to children at a school, daycare facility, or on a playground
- College campus or dorm accidents
What Should You Do If You Are Injured on Someone Else’s Property?
When visiting a business or another property, the last thing you think about is the probability of an accident. However, knowing what to do if an unforeseen accident happens can help you remain clear-headed in the aftermath, drastically improving your ability to recover fair compensation for your injuries. Steps to take if you are injured in a premises liability accident include:
- Get medical help: If your injury is severe, call emergency services and follow the dispatcher’s advice. Always seek a prompt medical evaluation, even if the injury initially seems minor. Severe injuries are not always immediately apparent.
- Take photos: Pictures are essential evidence. Use your phone to record the place where you got hurt from multiple angles before anything is moved or fixed. If your injuries prevent you from taking pictures, ask a friend or family member to do it for you.
- Collect witness information: Get any eyewitnesses’ names, addresses, and phone numbers.
- Gather documentation: Write down your memory of the event with details while it is still fresh in your mind. Keep copies of all reports, bills, texts, emails, and other correspondence related to your accident.
- Be proactive in your medical treatment: Follow all medical advice and keep your follow-up appointments. If you fail to stick to your treatment plan or do not seek medical help, the insurance company may use your behavior as proof that your injuries were not as severe as you claim.
What Damages Can You Recover in a Premises Liability Claim?
A premises liability claim aims to hold careless property owners responsible for the dangerous conditions that caused your injuries. California premises liability attorneys deeply grasp how negligence, property maintenance, and personal injury law intersect. They understand the duties owed to visitors by property owners and will fight to get their clients the justice they deserve. The compensation your premises liability lawyer may be able to secure for you can include, but is not limited to economic damages and non-economic damages.
Economic damages where compensation can be recovered in premises liability cases:
- Medical bills: Any costs incurred for medical care resulting from an injury occurred can be reimbursed. If ongoing care is needed, future medical expenses can be included.
- Lost wages: If your injuries caused you to miss work any time between your accident and the conclusion of your lawsuit, you could seek compensation. If you are permanently unable to work, you may receive damages for the loss of your earning capacity.
- Property Damages: The repairs necessary to recover costs from damage to ones property, such as vehicle damages in slip and fall cases.
- Rehabilitation Costs: Costs attributed to recovering from a premises liability accident, examples of recovery may be physical therapy or rehabilitation services.
Non-economic premise liability damages where compensation can be recovered:
- Pain and suffering: You may be compensated based on the severity of your pain and the length of time you suffered.
- Loss of reputation: If directly linked to premises liability cases, compensation may be available for damages done to your reputation.
- Scarring & Disfigurement: Victims of a premises liability accident may seek a favorable outcome when seek compensation for visible or permanent physical disfigurement.
Can a Irvine Premises Liability Attorney Help You?
Victims can file a premises liability claim and attempt to negotiate with the property owner’s insurance company on their own, but there are advantages to hiring a lawyer. When you hire premise liability attorneys, you benefit from their years of legal experience. Hejazi Law Group will handle all aspects of your claim, including investigating and collecting evidence to prove negligence on the part of the property owner. You will never need to worry about missing important deadlines or getting pressured to take a lowball insurance settlement. Hejazi Law Group can ensure that you recover the maximum compensation for your damages so that you can move forward with your life. Contact our office today for free premises liability cases evaluation with a knowledgeable premises liability lawyer: (949) 749-7402.